BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering you capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
employees around the world
corporate & institutional clients
Key figures of December 2022
A bridge between corporate and institutional clients
A Solution-Driven Partner focused on Digital Innovation
Harnessing the power of technology, we are reinventing our business to provide an optimal digital experience for clients. Drawing on our understanding of your needs, we are redesigning all our services – from onboarding through to post-trade – to create a seamless customer journey.
Digital transformation: reinventing how we work through technology
- Big Data
- Artificial intelligence
- Design thinking
- A single, consolidated platform
- Tools personalised by user
A leader in Sustainable Business
An innovative approach, designed to help you and the markets navigate the change in a socially responsible way.
Accompanying you through the energy transition and the UN Sustainable Development Goals transformations means offering one of the most extensive and innovative range of financial services.
In particular we play a leading role in the green bond market and have long standing expertise in renewables origination, carbon financing and sustainability equity-linked indices.
Sustainability at the core of our businesses
Low-Carbon transition pivot
- BNP Paribas has already made a major pivot towards financing the production of low-carbon energies. The Group’s credit exposure to low-carbon energy production was already close to 20% higher than those for fossil fuel production in September 2022.
- The Group has set a target of EUR 40 billion in credit exposure for the production of low-carbon, mainly renewable, energy by 2030.
- The Group is continuing to exit coal by 2030 in OECD countries, and in the rest of the world in 2040. It has stopped financing new oil projects since 2016 and is now embarking on an exit from exploration-production with the objective of reducing its credit exposure by 80%, i.e. less than EUR 1 billion in 2030, compared to the current credit exposure of EUR 5 billion as of 30 September 2022, through the scheduled phasing out of financing activities specialised in or associated with this sector.
- Regarding gas, the Bank aims to reduce its credit exposure by 30% by 2030 and will reserve its financing for thermal power plants with low emission rates and security of supply.
ESG Risk management
The Group has strengthened its ESG risk management consistent with the development of regulatory require-ments and accelerated the deployment of ESG Assessment across all major sectors by assessing 1,500 very large and large corporate clients and detailed its vigilance plan.
The Bank is committed to engaging with start ups at the forefront of the ecological transition. In 2022, BNP Paribas and the Solar Impulse Foundation completed the first
closing for EUR 100 million of the BNP Paribas Solar Impulse Venture fund, dedicated to supporting start-ups committed to the ecological transition.
BNP Paribas has extended its policies to protect sensitive ecosystems through its oil and gas policy, and has, therefore, undertaken not to finance any oil and gas projects in the Arctic and the Amazon. It also mobilised EUR 1.8 billion between 2019 and 2022 for financing contributing to the protection of biodiversity.
Find out how BNP Paribas is committed to economic, social, civic and environmental responsibility in BNP Paribas Group’s executive summary of the Universal Registration Document, Chapter 7.
Extra-financial ratings and distinctions
- Ranking 1st in Europe in the Diversified Banks category according to the Moody’s ESG Solutions 2022 rankings
- BNP Paribas received an AA rating in the 2022 MSCI ESG Ratings
- BNP Paribas is listed in the Dow Jones European and World sustainable indices
- BNP Paribas is ranked as part of the top 5% of the 2022 S&P Global ESG Scores, calculated from the Corporate Sustainability Assessment (7.800 assessed companies)
- BNP Paribas is listed in the Euronext-Vigeo Eiris indices World 120, Europe 120 and France 20