BNP Paribas led or supported six client deals that have been recognised at The Banker Deals of the Year Awards, which award the most impressive investment banking transactions across the broad spectrum of global capital markets.
“Clients across the issuer spectrum require consistent access to capital markets worldwide, no matter the size or complexity of their transaction, in particular during the ongoing situation with Covid-19,” commented Fred Zorzi, Global Head of Primary Markets at BNP Paribas. “These awards underline the importance of banks’ global reach, breadth and depth of capital-raising capabilities across currencies and sectors, and, increasingly, world-class advisory.”
The winning categories and deals were:
- SSA Bonds Europe for the €1 billion Ukrainian sovereign bond issuance
- Equities Europe for the €1.89 billion Française des Jeux IPO
- FIG Financing Asia-Pacific for Kookmin Bank’s $500 million sustainability AT1 note debut
- Green Finance Americas for Chile’s £1.4 million inaugural green bond issuance
- Green Finance Asia-Pacific for the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd (ICBC) 3.1 billion USD-equivalent multi-tranche mega green bond issuance, across USD, CNH and HKD
- Green Finance Middle East for Majid Al Futtaim’s $600 million green sukuk issuance
Of particular note were the three top prizes for “Green Finance” in three different regions, underlining the bank’s leadership in a segment that is rapidly growing in importance around the world.