BNP Paribas has been recognised in an impressive 12
categories at the Global Capital Bond Awards 2020, including:
- Most Impressive Bank for Corporate Bonds
- Most Impressive SSA House in Euros
- Best Bank for Funding Advice and Support to Financial Institutions During Covid-19 Pandemic
- Most Impressive FIG House in Euros
- Most Impressive Bank for African Bonds
- Most Impressive Bank for CEE Bonds
- Best Bank for Corporate Bond Funding Advice and Support During Covid-19 Pandemic
- Most Impressive Corporate Bond House in Euros
- Most Impressive MTN Dealer for Emerging Markets
- Most Impressive Bank for Non-Dollar Bonds in Emerging Markets Outside Asia
- Most Impressive Emerging Market Origination Banker – Borys Matiash
- Rising Star Emerging Market Bond Banker – Mykola Kuzmenko
Global Capital Bonds Awards recognise achievements in all main segments of the international bond market via a poll of market participants (issuers and peers), thus truly reflecting the opinion of the market.
“It is an honour to receive votes in so many categories this year. We are very thankful to all our clients for voting for us and their continued trust in BNP Paribas throughout this difficult time”
“The Covid-19 crisis has brought unprecedented times and a vast array of challenges for clients in 2020”, commented Fred Zorzi, Global Head of Primary Markets, BNP Paribas. “It is an honour to receive votes in so many categories this year. We are very thankful to all our clients for voting for us and their continued trust in BNP Paribas throughout this difficult time”
These awards demonstrate BNP Paribas’ strength and expertise across its Primary Markets franchise and ability to support its clients’ diverse needs.
Most Impressive Bank for Corporate BondsBNP Paribas has supported its corporate clients in navigating the volatile market, as well as helping clients to access liquidity and adapt to the post-crisis economy.
“The integrated approach BNP Paribas takes to corporate financing has positioned the bank very well to support clients this year”, commented Rupert Lewis, Head of European HG bond syndicate. “During the first half of 2020, the corporate business was able to quickly advise on what were very fast moving markets and remained on the front foot in supporting clients throughout the crisis.”
Most Impressive SSA House in EurosIn 2020 Sovereigns, Supranationals and Agencies (SSA) have led the way in issuing Covid-19 related bonds to fund the recovery to the crisis and banks play a pivotal role in accessing the market. BNP Paribas met the huge increase in demand for funding required, advised clients around both approaching the market and increased focus on social and sustainable bonds.
Most Impressive FIG House in EurosBNP Paribas’s Financial Institutions Group (FIG) business has supported a wide variety of issuer types, products and geographies this year, resulting in being recognised as Most Impressive FIG House in Euros.
Most Impressive Bank for African Bonds and Most Impressive Bank for CEE BondsThe closely integrated approach between the Emerging Markets team and Credit business allowed BNP Paribas to support its client’s diverse needs in this region throughout the crisis, leading BNP Paribas to win Most Impressive Bank for African Bonds for the first time ever.